Sacraments – Young Family & Teen Family Lesson 2017-2018
- Additional Resources
1. Our sacraments remind us of God’s love and fill us with grace each time we receive them. Say the following prayer before you start the activity.
Dear God, thank you for your love. Help me to know that your love and grace fill me daily because I belong to you. Amen
2. Distribute the Team Sport or Organization Worksheet worksheet to each person and ask them to write down their thoughts or, for younger children, draw a picture or tell their thoughts to an older sibling or adult. Discuss the responses.
3. In the Catholic Church, we have seven Sacraments that remind us of God’s love, three of which we will discuss in this activity – Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation. The other four sacraments are – Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, Matrimony
Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation are referred to as ‘Sacraments of Initiation’. Initiation is part of the process (the beginning steps) of joining the team, and our team is the Catholic Church!
4. To further explain these sacraments, show the videos depending on age of children or the leader can explain why each of these sacraments are referred to as Sacraments of Initiation.
5. Distribute the Sacraments of Initiation-Worksheet worksheet to each person and ask them to write down their thoughts or, for younger children, draw a picture or tell their thoughts to an older sibling or adult. Discuss the responses.
6. Closing prayer:
Dear Lord, we are very happy to be part of your team! Help us to grow closer to you every time we receive one of the sacraments. Amen