Based on mandates from the Buffalo Diocese and the CDC, baptisms will not be scheduled at this time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Celebrated at Mass: Saturdays 4:00 p.m. or Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Celebrated after Mass: Sundays at 12:30 p.m.
Parent(s) desiring Baptism for their child are asked to follow the below steps:
- Attend one Baptismal Preparation Program class which is held on the third Monday of the month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m in the Faith Formation Office. Click this link to sign up. * Note: If it has been two or more years since you attended a class, please plan to re-attend.
- Fill out and submit the online Baptism Registration Form
Contact the Family Faith Formation office by email at email@example.com or by phone at (716) 688-0599 if you have any questions.
Any parents that are non-parishioners or live out of town must contact Father Bob at the Rectory (716-688-9380) for approval for Baptism at St. Mary’s. Approval is also required from the pastor of the church parents belong to.
Helpful guidelines to consider when choosing a Godparent/Sponsor:
- Parents may choose one or two Godparent(s)/Sponsor(s).
- At least one Godparent/Sponsor must be a practicing Catholic, the other must be a baptized Christian (Christian Witness).
- A Godparent/Sponsor must be at least 16 years of age.
- Baptized and Confirmed in the Catholic faith.
- Practicing Catholics in good standing.
- Able to obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from the parish they attend.
* For more detailed guidelines in choosing a Godparent/Sponsor click here.
Godparent(s)/Sponsor(s) cannot be:
- A Non-Christian
- Anyone raised Catholic but has changed their religion or no longer practices the faith.