Inter-Religious Dialogue – Young Family Lesson 2019-2020
Lesson Focus – ONE GOD FOR ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD
Before you begin – INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS
- To complete this lesson, you will need to refer to pages in the Catholic Children’s Bible (CCB).
- After reviewing the lesson, you may find it necessary to explain the information to your children in language they can better understand. Please contact the FF Office at 716-688-0599 or email email@example.com if you would like assistance in modifying an activity to better suit your family’s needs.
Begin your lesson with prayer –
- Begin prayer with the Sign of the Cross (CCB pg. 1992)
- Pray the The Golden Rule prayer (CCB pg. 1990).
- End the prayer with the Sign of the Cross
- Who Made Us?
- God made you and all the people in the world.
- Read the Bible: In the beginning, when God created the universe. (Genesis 1:1) CCB pg. 21
- Activity: CCB pages 22-23 — Read, discuss, and complete the activities on these pages
- Who is God?
- God is the Supreme Being, always perfect in everything, who made all things and people, and keeps them in existence.
- Read the Bible: In him we live and move and exist. (Acts 17:28) CCB pg. 1746
- Activity: Click on the following link to view, print out and color the page =>Coloring Page
- Why did God make us?
- God made all people to show them His goodness and to share with them His everlasting happiness in heaven.
- Read the Bible: What no one ever saw or heard, what no one ever thought could happen, is the very thing God prepared for those who love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9) CCB pg. 1796
- Activity: Click on the following link to view, print out, and complete a word search puzzle => Word Search
- What must we do to gain the happiness of heaven?
- To gain the happiness of heaven all people must know, love, and serve God in this world.
- ‘Do not store up riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal.’ (Matthew 6:19-20) CCB pg. 1459
- Activity: Click on the following link to view, print out, and answer the questions on the page => Angels
- PARENTS: Share with your children your hopes and dreams for all the people God has created in this world.
- CHILDREN: Share with your parents how you can love all people as God loves you.
End your lesson with prayer –
- Begin prayer with the Sign of the Cross
- As a family say, the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi (CCB pg. 1997)
- End prayer with the Sign of the Cross