Mass Times, Regularly Scheduled Sacraments, and Devotions
- 7:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 7:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. (Children’s Liturgy of the Word)
- 11:30 a.m.
- 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 3:00 – 3:45 p.m.
First Saturday each month after 9:00 a.m. Mass and by appointment
Monday – Saturday 8:30 a.m. (before 9:00 a.m. Mass)
Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., Chapel
- Monday – Saturdays after 9 a.m. Mass
- First Friday each month after 9:00 a.m. Mass until Noon
First Saturday each month after 9:00 a.m. Mass
Last Saturday each month after 9:00 a.m. Mass
Mass Attendance Guidelines
- Sunday Obligation and Personal Responsibility: The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days by the Diocese of Buffalo resumed on June 5, 2021. Anyone who is frail or at risk due to advanced age or medical conditions or anyone caring for others who are at risk or sick is always excused from this obligation, and we encourage you to use your prudential judgement to determine if it is unsafe for you to attend Mass. Please do not enter the church if you have fever, cough or any other symptoms of an acute respiratory illness. We respectfully request the cooperation of every parishioner in carefully observing the guidelines here in order to maintain as safe an environment as possible for all.
- Masks: Though no longer mandated, masks are recommended regardless of vaccination status. Concern for others should always be considered in this choice. A limited supply of masks will be available if needed, though we encourage you to bring your own. The parish and its affiliated ministries and groups are not authorized to screen for vaccinations.
- Social Distancing: So that everyone may feel safe and welcomed, there will be two sections within the church: a “socially distanced section” on the right and a “non-socially distanced section” on the left. There will be signs and ushers to guide you. It is your responsibility to choose the section that you feel most comfortable in and which best suits your health situation while also respecting the needs and decisions of others. Individuals from different households are still encouraged to maintain reasonable separation and respect each other’s personal space.
- Hygiene: Please use hand sanitizer when entering or exiting the building. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances though you are welcome also to bring your own. Please cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or the inside of the elbow and use hand sanitizer after coughing and/or sneezing. When using the parish restrooms, wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Holy Water Fonts: Holy Water Fonts may now be used. The sanitation of the font and disinfection of the water is monitored regularly by the parish.
- Singing: Due to the associated risks surrounding this activity, it is recommended that singing be permitted only while wearing a mask to minimize airborne transmission; singing by the cantor(s) and musicians will continue.
- Offertory: The offertory procession will resume. Those participating in this should use the hand sanitizer provided before handling the gifts to be offered.
- Collection: For the collection, the basket will either be passed from person to person or collected by the usher, depending upon the section in which one is seated.
- Sign of Peace: At the sign of peace, a simple wave or nod of the head is appropriate at this time. Please avoid touching others and do not shake hands.
- Ministries: In addition to their training, ministers have received Covid specific instructions relevant to their ministry. Please follow the directions of ushers. Altar servers may minister at the discretion of their parents.
- Communion: Those who wish to receive Holy Communion will form a procession to the Eucharistic minister assigned to their section, and then return up the next aisle back to their seat. Please be mindful of your spacing. Eucharistic Ministers are to sanitize their hands prior to their ministerial function and wear masks during the distribution of Communion. It is preferred that Holy Communion be distributed in the hand; reception on the tongue will be permitted by coming to the priest presider and preferably presenting oneself at the end of the communion line to minimize the spread of germs. Distribution of the Precious Blood is temporarily suspended.
- Congregating: Congregating before or after Mass is best done in non-confined spaces and preferably outdoors.
- Cleaning: The parish facilities continue to be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- School Mass: Masses designated for the school students and faculty – usually the Friday 9:00am Mass – will be subject to additional school policies in effect at that time.
We gratefully appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we gather as a parish family
and move toward a brighter future for our beloved community! THANK YOU!
May the Holy Spirit guide us as we continue our mission to be God’s heart of mercy and love,
God’s voice of hope and truth and God’s hands of justice and healing to all people.
* * * * * * *
LIVESTREAMING: St. Mary’s livestreams the 4:00 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass and the 9:30 a.m. Sunday Mass for those who are not able to join us in our church.
The church and chapel will be open for private prayer daily
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Live Stream Disclaimer
Please Note: Live streaming is a wonderful new technology, but it doesn’t come without connectivity risks! While streaming live we could encounter server issues, storm and power disruptions, etc. This may manifest itself into sound and video quality issues, and/or even possibly cause a complete shutdown of our live stream feed. Please know that while we are doing everything to execute a top quality stream for you to enjoy, some quality variables may be outside of St. Mary’s control during these problem live streams.
St. Mary’s Photograph and Video/Audio Recording Notice to Parishioners & Visitors
Welcome to our faith community! In today’s ever advancing digital media world, images and videos can touch the heart and support good communications. As you enter our beautiful church for Mass or join us for events on our campus, please understand that you may be photographed, videotaped, and/or recorded while you are here and consent to the use of these images, video tapings and audio recordings in our website, bulletin, social media platforms, etc. allowing us to advance our mission of St. Mary’s Parish in bringing Christ to others!
Live Stream Mass Links
We at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Parish, follow the word of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We commit ourselves to be God’s Heart of mercy and love, God’s Voice of hope and truth and God’s Hands of justice and healing to all people. We are dedicated to engaging our entire faith community in worship, ministry and service to all.
Trustees: Daniel Herberger & Eileen Nahigian
New Parishioners: Please contact the rectory at 716-688-9380 to make an appointment to register and join our parish.
COMMITMENT TO PARISH LIFE
Commitment to Parish Life (CPL) was introduced in 2011 to assist with long-term planning and encourage parishioners to participate in the rich ministry life of St. Mary’s. There are hundreds of opportunities for involvement that can lead you closer to Christ – regardless of how much time you have to give.
CPL also affords each of us the opportunity to decide on an appropriate level of sustained offertory support and volunteerism, and fulfill our financial commitment in a convenient annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly or weekly method. Highlights of CPL:
- Opportunity for parishioners to become more active in the life and ministries of the parish.
- Invitation to consider a sustained offertory commitment in a convenient format.
- Opportunities for our parish to plan strategically to address present and future challenges.
Through sustained offertory and enhanced ministry, St. Mary’s Parish becomes a more vital, vibrant and engaged faith community. Please consider our shared commitment to one another as a parish family by embracing this message of renewed support and fully participate in our Commitment to Parish Life Program.