Ecumenism & Missionary Vocation – Young Family Lesson 2019-2020
Lesson Focus – Jesus said a prayer asking God to unite all who believe in Him. We are all disciples of Jesus who, in our daily lives, spread the love of our Lord to others.
Before you begin – INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS
- To complete this lesson, you will need to refer to pages in the Catholic Children’s Bible (CCB).
- After reviewing the lesson, you may find it necessary to explain the information to your children in language they can better understand. Please contact the FF Office at 716-688-0599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like assistance in modifying an activity to better suit your family’s needs.
Begin your lesson with prayer –
- Begin prayer with the Sign of the Cross (CCB pg. 1992)
- As a family, open the CCB to pg. 1697 and say the prayer found under the Live It! section.
Lord Jesus, you call us together in faith and love. Fill all Christians with your Holy Spirit so that we may hear your holy word, pray in your name, seek unity among all Christians, and follow you more closely. Amen.
- End the prayer with the Sign of the Cross
1. Parents, read together the Bible passage John 17:20-21, 23 (CCB pg. 1696)
2. Parents, discuss with your child(ren) the Understand It! on pg. 1697 in your CCB for the Bible passage you just read. Suggestions for your discussion include –
- What are your feelings about being one with God, Our Father?
- In our daily lives, where do you see others or yourself loving one another without boundaries?
- Where in your life can you be more patient and kind to others?
- What are some ways we can share our faith with others?
- As a family – decide how to put into practice ways to live out this lesson by printing and completing the Fruits of the Spirit Family Activity as a family.
End your lesson with prayer –
- Begin prayer with the Sign of the Cross
Loving Father, we thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to help guide us. Help us to be good disciples and share your love with others each day. Amen.
- End prayer with the Sign of the Cross