Covid 19 Faith Community Updates
Mass Attendance Guidelines
- Sunday Obligation and Personal Responsibility: The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days by the Diocese of Buffalo resumed on June 5, 2021. Anyone who is frail or at risk due to advanced age or medical conditions or anyone caring for others who are at risk or sick is always excused from this obligation, and we encourage you to use your prudential judgement to determine if it is unsafe for you to attend Mass. Please do not enter the church if you have fever, cough or any other symptoms of an acute respiratory illness. We respectfully request the cooperation of every parishioner in carefully observing the guidelines here in order to maintain as safe an environment as possible for all.
- Masks: Though no longer mandated, masks are recommended regardless of vaccination status. Concern for others should always be considered in this choice. A limited supply of masks will be available if needed, though we encourage you to bring your own. The parish and its affiliated ministries and groups are not authorized to screen for vaccinations.
- Social Distancing: So that everyone may feel safe and welcomed, there will be two sections within the church: a “socially distanced section” on the right and a “non-socially distanced section” on the left. There will be signs and ushers to guide you. It is your responsibility to choose the section that you feel most comfortable in and which best suits your health situation while also respecting the needs and decisions of others. Individuals from different households are still encouraged to maintain reasonable separation and respect each other’s personal space.
- Hygiene: Please use hand sanitizer when entering or exiting the building. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances though you are welcome also to bring your own. Please cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or the inside of the elbow and use hand sanitizer after coughing and/or sneezing. When using the parish restrooms, wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Holy Water Fonts: Holy Water Fonts may now be used. The sanitation of the font and disinfection of the water is monitored regularly by the parish.
- Singing: Due to the associated risks surrounding this activity, it is recommended that singing be permitted only while wearing a mask to minimize airborne transmission; singing by the cantor(s) and musicians will continue.
- Offertory: The offertory procession will resume. Those participating in this should use the hand sanitizer provided before handling the gifts to be offered.
- Collection: For the collection, the basket will either be passed from person to person or collected by the usher, depending upon the section in which one is seated.
- Sign of Peace: At the sign of peace, a simple wave or nod of the head is appropriate at this time. Please avoid touching others and do not shake hands.
- Ministries: In addition to their training, ministers have received Covid specific instructions relevant to their ministry. Please follow the directions of ushers. Altar servers may minister at the discretion of their parents.
- Communion: Those who wish to receive Holy Communion will form a procession to the Eucharistic minister assigned to their section, and then return up the next aisle back to their seat. Please be mindful of your spacing. Eucharistic Ministers are to sanitize their hands prior to their ministerial function and wear masks during the distribution of Communion. It is preferred that Holy Communion be distributed in the hand; reception on the tongue will be permitted by coming to the priest presider and preferably presenting oneself at the end of the communion line to minimize the spread of germs. Distribution of the Precious Blood is temporarily suspended.
- Congregating: Congregating before or after Mass is best done in non-confined spaces and preferably outdoors.
- Cleaning: The parish facilities continue to be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- School Mass: Masses designated for the school students and faculty – usually the Friday 9:00am Mass – will be subject to additional school policies in effect at that time.
To reserve a Parish Center room or outdoor space, please review the Parish Center Room & Outside Areas Use Guidelines before submitting the Reservation Form below by dropping it off to the Parish Office side door mail slot, or emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you should have any questions, please feel free to call the Parish Office at 716-688-9380.
We are truly grateful for your understanding and cooperation as we gather as a parish family
and move toward a brighter future for our beloved community! THANK YOU!
May the Holy Spirit guide us as we continue our mission to be God’s heart of mercy and love,
God’s voice of hope and truth and God’s hands of justice and healing to all people.
Welcome back, welcome home. May God Bless you and keep you safe!
* * * * * * *
LIVE STREAMED MASSES
St. Mary’s currently live streams all regular and Holy Day Masses on YouTube and Facebook
for those who are not able to join us in our church.
The church and chapel are open for private prayer daily
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For additional information and the most up to date parish news
from our faith community, please visit our St. Mary Parish website regularly and subscribe to our electronic newsletter, the Friday Flocknote.
Church & Chapel Hours
Open for daily private prayer between 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Every Saturday from 3:00- 3:45 p.m. or by appointment by calling the parish office.
The Parish Office staff is available to assist Parishioners Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm.
A CORRESPONDENCE PICK-UP FILE POCKET found on the Side Main Door above the Mail Drop Off Slot is where individually ID’d non-confidential materials will be placed for pick up at any time.
MAIL DROP OFF SLOT found directly beneath the Pick-Up File Pocket is where parishioners can securely drop off offerings or other correspondence any time at the Parish Office.
MASS INTENTIONS can be arranged by phone or email to be either mailed out or picked up as described above.
Catholic Education Office
Catholic Education Office hours: MONDAY / THURSDAY & FRIDAY: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. | TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
FF Drop-Off/Pick-Up bins are located in the Parish Center entryway for families to access supplies or drop-off materials.
We ask that families contact the FF Office if they have any questions and/or concerns.
Office: 716-688-0599 (During Business Hours Listed Above)
St. Mary School Office
Please see our Parish Events Calendar for for event updates! Should you have any questions, feel free to call the parish office at 716-688-9380.