Mass Times & Mission Statement
UPDATE – May 22, 2021
Given the recent update in Covid guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the State of New York and the Diocese of Buffalo, we at St Mary’s are modifying our current protocols as follows:
1. At all Masses and Parish events, masks are to be worn by all individuals upon entry and exit.
When seated during Mass, masks may be removed at the discretion of the individual. This applies only to people who have been fully vaccinated.
All persons who have not been fully vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings at all times in order to protect others from potential aerosol transmission of viral particles. In addition, we encourage vaccinated individuals to continue wearing face coverings if they choose to do so for their own safety or comfort as well as the safety and comfort of others, particularly the more vulnerable members of the parish family.
2. We will continue our current distancing protocols and we ask that all persons entering campus buildings continue to use hand sanitizer upon entry and follow ushers’ directions regarding seating.
3. Communion protocols will continue as at present. Ministers of the Eucharist will continue to be masked when distributing Communion.
4. We continue to request that all parishioners except members of the clergy and music ministry refrain from singing to reduce aerosol transmission as much as possible.
5. We continue to request that persons with fever, sore throat, cough or other respiratory symptoms as well as persons with known or suspected exposure to Covid 19 remain away from the campus The dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass remains in effect. Live streaming of Masses will continue.
6. Guidelines for outdoor Masses and other liturgical celebrations are the same as for indoor Masses. Non-worship indoor and outdoor activities will continue under current protocols.
7. We continue to request avoidance of congregating in the gathering area before and after services.
We will continue to update and modify our protocols in keeping with current guidelines as we cautiously progress toward resumption of full participation in campus activities.
We thank you for the patience you have demonstrated during this long and difficult time and we pray that you will continue to be good disciples to one another and to the whole parish community.
* * * * * * *
We will continue to LIVE STREAM our Friday 9:00 a.m. St. Mary School Mass, along with our Saturday 4:00 p.m., Sunday 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 6:00 p.m. for those who are not able to join us in our church and chapel.
Live Stream Disclaimer
Please Note: Live streaming is a wonderful new technology, but it doesn’t come without connectivity risks! While streaming live we could encounter server issues, storm and power disruptions, etc. This may manifest itself into sound and video quality issues, and/or even possibly cause a complete shutdown of our live stream feed. Please know that while we are doing everything to execute a top quality stream for you to enjoy, some quality variables may be outside of St. Mary’s control during these problem live streams.
Vigil 4:00 and 5:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. Effective May 8th to June 26th
Rosary BEFORE Mass at 8:30 a.m.
Divine Mercy Chaplet daily immediately following Mass.
MASS TIME CHANGE
SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2021: 8:00am MASS
The 9:00am Mass for Saturday, June 5th will be held at 8:00am
Every Saturday, 3-3:45 p.m. in the church. Also on FIRST SATURDAYS after 9:00 a.m. Mass, and by appointment – call the Parish Office to schedule.
First Friday Adoration
Friday, June 4th: Adoration following 9:00 a.m. Mass in the Church until Noon.
First Saturday Rosary
Saturday, June 5th:
9 a.m. Mass with Rosary/ Divine Mercy Chaplet immediately following.
Live Stream Mass Links
We at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Parish, follow the word of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We commit ourselves to be God’s Heart of mercy and love, God’s Voice of hope and truth and God’s Hands of justice and healing to all people. We are dedicated to engaging our entire faith community in worship, ministry and service to all.
Trustees: Daniel Herberger & Eileen Nahigian
New Parishioners: Please contact the rectory at 716-688-9380 to make an appointment to register and join our parish.
COMMITMENT TO PARISH LIFE
Commitment to Parish Life (CPL) was introduced in 2011 to assist with long-term planning and encourage parishioners to participate in the rich ministry life of St. Mary’s. There are hundreds of opportunities for involvement that can lead you closer to Christ – regardless of how much time you have to give.
CPL also affords each of us the opportunity to decide on an appropriate level of sustained offertory support and volunteerism, and fulfill our financial commitment in a convenient annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly or weekly method. Highlights of CPL:
– Opportunity for parishioners to become more active in the life and ministries of the parish.
– Invitation to consider a sustained offertory commitment in a convenient format.
– Opportunities for our parish to plan strategically to address present and future challenges.
Through sustained offertory and enhanced ministry, St. Mary’s Parish becomes a more vital, vibrant and engaged faith community. Please consider our shared commitment to one another as a parish family by embracing this message of renewed support and fully participate in our Commitment to Parish Life Program.